A Certified Public Accountant is a certification given to the individuals who cleared the uniform CPA exam by AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants).
Besides, CPA aspirants must meet the educational requirements and relevant experience. The designation of US CPA helps to enforce professional standards in the finance and accounting industry.
People who want to take the US CPA exam or want to have a CPA license need to fulfil the below requirements.
- 120 to 150 educational credits from a recognized university/college.
- Relevant work experience of 2 years.
- Pass Ethics exam.
- Age limit: 18+ years.
CPA Exam Scoring:
- The candidate’s score for each section of the US CPA exam is reported on a scale in the range of 0 to 99.
- Also, the candidate has to score a minimum of 75 to pass a CPA section.
- Your total score on the AUD, FAR and REG sections are weighted based on your answers for Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs) and Task-Based Simulations.
- For CPA BEC sections, the scores are weighted based on MCQs, TBS and Written communication tasks.
CPA Scores in Each Section:
Below table shows score weightage of each CPA exam section:
|Written Communication Tasks||15%||50%||50%||50%|
Why can’t we get our results for CPA right after finishing the CPA exam?
It is because of the following reasons.
- All systems that are used to verify scores do not exist in the test centers.
- Your score for each CPA section is reported on a scale that ranges between 0 to 99.
- Your total score in the Auditing and Attestation (AUD), Regulation (REG) and Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR) sections is a weighted combination of scaled scores from MCQs and TBS. For Business Environment Concepts (BEC) section written communication tasks are also added.
- Scaled scores on the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Task-Based Simulations (TBS) portions of the CPA Exam are calculated by using formulas that take into account factors like whether the questions were answered correctly and the relative difficulty of the questions.
Steps in computing your score:
Hope this article helps you in knowing the complete and detailed insights on CPA exam scores. To learn more about CPA Exam scoring, you can visit: Simandhar Education or just give a E-Mail Us: email@example.com (or) Call to +91-7780273388.